Globant was founded in 2003 by Martín Migoya (CEO), Guibert Englebienne (CTO), Martín Umarán (Chief of Staff), and Nestor Nocetti (EVP of Corporate Affairs). Our founders’ vision was to create a Latin American based company that would become a leader in the delivery of innovative software solutions for global clients, while generating world-class career opportunities for IT professionals.
From inception, we have benefited from strong organic growth and have built a blue-chip client base comprised of leading global companies. We have expanded our service locations from one to 20 ( Buenos Aires, La Plata, Tandil, Rosario, Cordoba, Resistencia, Bahia Blanca, Tucuman, Montevideo, Bogotá, Medellín, São Paulo, San Francisco, Boston, Austin and London), where more than 3000 Globers work every day.
We have garnered several awards and recognitions from organizations such as Endeavor, Global Services, the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals and InfoWorld, and we have been the subject of business-school case studies on entrepreneurship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University and Stanford University.
We have benefited from the support of our investors Riverwood Capital and FTV Capital, which have provided equity capital to support our strategic expansion and growth. In January 2012, Endeavor Global, an organization devoted to selecting, mentoring and accelerating high-impact entrepreneurs around the world, invested in our company.
Martín has been an entrepreneur since his early youth. ...
Chief of Staff
Martín Umaran has served as a member of our board as we...
In 2003 Guibert co-founded Globant, a company that quic...
EVP Corp. Affairs
As our Executive Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Mr....
- 2012 We received investment from Endeavor Catalyst. Moreover, Reid Hoffman, Linkedin co-founder joined our Board of Advisors. We acquired Brazil based Terra Forum to reinforce our expertise in innovation and expand our global presence.
- 2011 We acquired San Francisco-based Nextive to expand our expertise in Mobile technologies. We also closed a new investment round with Riverwood Capital and FTV Capital
- 2010 Gartner named us as Cool Vendor, in the Cool Vendors in Business Process Services 2010 report by Gartner, Inc
- 2009 We presented our 8 Studios, teams organized by specific practices and technologies (Gaming, Cloud Computing, Social, Big Data and more)
- 2008 We acquired two companies to deepen our specialization in Microsoft Technologies (Accendra) and Infrastructure Services (Openware). We closed a financing round with Riverwood Capital and FTV Capital
- 2007 The company was recognized as the Top Emerging Global Services Provider, by Global Services Magazine
- 2006 We opened our first office outside Buenos Aires. The development center in Tandil was the first milestone towards our goal of creating a decentralized company, bringing more opportunities to where the talent is.
- 2005 The Sloan School of Management of the MIT wrote a business case about Globant called: "Globant, leading the IT revolution in Latin America"
- 2003 Globant started operations with own funded capital
Globant: Who we are
Who we are