We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
ARG | Buenos Aires
GLOBANT IS AN EOE M/F/D/V.
What are we looking for?
The role requires a deep understanding of classic operating systems, networking and services running on virtualized and non-virtualized platforms. A complete domain of the main Cloud solutions and vendors is also required. In addition, this role is responsible for complex problem resolution, day-to-day operations, infrastructure management and coordination with different teams to ensure system stability. Other duties include researching, proofing, and authoring technical documentation that are beneficial to the project and company.
What will help you succeed
- BS in Computer Science preferred or 4+ years systems administration experience
- 4+ years relevant experience in Windows Systems administration, including design, implementation, ongoing administration, and support of critical systems
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud environment deployments
- Experience in selecting and applying service management principles, policies and techniques in client operational environments.
- Windows administration experience
- Experience with common Windows Systems administration tools and services (Domain Controller, DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, NAS).
- Windows Server administration experience
- Demonstrated experience of common scripting languages (Python, Powershell, the more the better)
- Experience with automation systems: PowerShell DSC, Puppet, Ansible
- Strong Communication Skills, to partner with people and problem solving to reach common goals
- Hands-on experience working with various network technologies (VPN, Firewall, Ethernet Switches & Routers, Sniffers, Tcp/IP, Network Subnetting, VLANs)
- VPN configuration and integration with on-premise services with F5 and Express Route
- Demonstrated expertise in OS security fundamentals for publicly accessible Windows servers
- Implement monitoring tools (Splunk, Nagios, Application Insights)
- Working knowledge of SQL database services (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- Working knowledge of backup and restore solutions in a Windows environment
- Understanding of high availability systems design and implementation including load balancing, session management, cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
- Participate in the design, lifecycle management, and total cost of ownership of platforms, applications and infrastructure services
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, analytical, and communication skills are required
- Working on Agile/scrum Methodology is desirable
- Cloud knowledge in other vendors like AWS or GPC
- Red Hat/CentOS/Ubuntu/Debian/Linux administration experience
- Scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Ruby, the more the better)
- .Net Core (C#) experience is a plus
You will get the chance to
- Design, create, configure and maintain Cloud infrastructures
- Smoothly integration between Public/Private Cloud and on-premise infrastructure
- Perform OS configuration, administration and management
- Design and develop extensive scripting and other automation tasks
- Provide direct support to development environments
- Partners with Dev, QA and others IT teams to implement improved deployment process, secure practices and scalable infrastructure
- Implement productivity enhancing tools and 3rd party/Open Source tools for systems administration activities
- Troubleshooting and debugging application, network, and server level problems for internal systems from the OS
- Assist with load and stress testing of infrastructure, collecting metrics and analysis of systems behaviours
- Setup and maintain monitoring systems with on-premise products as well as SaaS solutions.
- Maintain documentation of systems configurations and procedures, including runbooks for live support
- Mentor other operations team members and provide training/leadership when appropriate
- Review log files and other server monitoring data for problems and perform proactive maintenance
- A key component of the job is to help ensure SLAs are delivered and to maintain a backup & disaster recovery strategy for all web systems
- Configure user accounts, invoice services and consolidation between accounts