We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
Data Science Technical Director
ARG | Buenos Aires, ARG | Córdoba, ARG | Tandil, ARG | Rosario, ARG | Mar del Plata, COL | Medellín, COL | Bogotá, MEX | DF, URU | Montevideo
GLOBANT IS AN EOE M/F/D/V.
Artificial Intelligence,Big Data
What are we looking for?
We are looking for Data Science Technical Director to join our teams!
What will help you succeed
- Understand, guide and define the actionable output and required decision support to be obtained from a model
- Explicit and mathematize working hypothesis - axiomatize - to either validate or reject through modeling
- Analyze data sources for completeness of data semantics and gaps
- Develop the process to assess information quality and ready the data to be fed into a mathematical model
- Tune / calibrate / train the model for the required accuracy - generality trade off
- Extract actionable output from model
- Analyze, interpret and present output
- Build required analytical pipelines
- Circle back to a refined problem definition to keep improving performance and actionability related to business strategy and capabilities
Technology & Frameworks required:
- R - Shiny, Lattice or ggplot2, dplyr, r markdown, parallel or data.table, forecast
- Python - NumPy, Pandas, Jupyter, Scipy, sckit-learn, Matplotlib / Seaborn / Plotly / etc.,
- Spark / MLLib desirable
- SQL, NoSQL
- TensorFlow, Theano, other deep learning
You will get the chance to
- Going above and beyond, managing larger projects and teams, dealing competently with the broader data engineer role
- Communication and presentation skills become critical. Be ready to engage: peers, clients and conferences
- Care about how the client will grow, not only the project or account. That makes us different.
- Not limit yourself to your skill, but see through the clients eyes problems and vision
- Comunícate the vision
- Manage customer and team expectations
- Manage overall performance; defining metrics and setting targets for multiple or complex customers’ projects
- Conduct technical reviews, audit projects and ensure best practices are followed.
- Generate capacity plans to enable team growth
- Stay up to date with state of the art technology trends to propose new features and provide value and innovative solutions to our customer
- Define technical profiles, performance and training standards
- Complete performance reviews for his/her team members
- Participate in the software development community in some capacity: meetups, blogs, stackoverflow and open source projects
- Mentor and coach a team of Tech Leads and Architects
- Participate in the development of presales proposals and sales pitches, providing the required information for RFPs