We are a digitally native company where innovation, design and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive field to empower organizations in every aspect. We want you to join us to work for the biggest clients in tech, retail, travel, banking, ecommerce and media, revolutionizing and growing their core businesses while helping them (and you!) stay ahead of the curve. Be part of a company with the most cutting-edge practices and technologies plus a unique team.
ARG | Buenos Aires
GLOBANT IS AN EOE M/F/D/V.
What are we looking for?
DevOps Engineer is a professional focused in architecting and maintaining automation systems to facilitate build and deployment of products and tools. His deep understanding of the software life cycle in addition to the infrastructure background allows him to support regular cadence of production updates and hotfixes for live services of multiple products across platforms. He is capable of simplify the value stream mapping easing the adoption of any new deployment and configuration strategy.
The DevOps Engineer makes a key contribution supporting end-to-end application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning and integration with CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) platforms, using existing and emerging technologies.
What will help you succeed
- BS in Computer Science preferred or 4+ years systems administration experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud
- Experience working with command line configuration and troubleshooting in a Windows environment
- Automated deployment, provisioning and configuration tools: PowerShell DSC, Puppet, Ansible
- Experience in working with containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience managing development lifecycle of products with regular updates and live operations
- Current, advanced knowledge of build and continuous integration tools with best practices
- Experience designing and building pipelines of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment for multiple platforms
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems: Team Foundation Server, Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS)
- Experience with Source Control systems: Git
- Experience with build tools: MS Build, NPM
- Experience with log management systems: Splunk, Application Insights
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with agile development processes
- Experience working with command line configuration and troubleshooting in a Linux environment
- Strong scripting skills in Shell/Perl/Ruby/Go
- Cloud knowledge in other vendors like AWS or GPC
- .Net Core (C#) experience is a plus
You will get the chance to
- Promote the DevOps culture
- Be Responsible for the Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery processes to build, test, deploy, and promote applications in different environments and platforms
- Develop, support, implement and maintain the processes, products, services, templates, scripts and tools necessary to execute and deliver DevOps best practices
- Implement continuous deployment and zero-downtime releases
- Manage lifecycle and release management processes for applications, services and platforms.
- Support, collaborate with and educate IT, QA and developing teams on proper use of build, testing, source control, automatization, provisioning, deployment and configuration management tools / systems / services.
- Work with IT and developing teams to implement, support, and maintain an effective configuration management strategy.
- Work with IT and security teams to navigate and manage risk, compliance issues, and audit requirements
- Work with IT, QA and developing teams to help create a resilient, well-monitored, and maintainable deployment environment.
- Provide advanced support for build and deployment pipeline tools to multiple development streams
- Support continuous improvement and acceleration of the deployment and value pipelines
- Carry personal responsibility for high quality implementation and changes to a live IT infrastructure
- Manage key operational systems on which millions of customers depend
- Implement Continuous Monitoring and Continuous Measurement workflows in order to help to monitor existing infrastructure, platforms, services and processes. Use the output of these processes to identify areas of weakness and propose improvements.