At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.Our bar is high, but so are the results we achieve. We are seeking a Big Data Architect to join Enterprise Applications & Engineering Platforms and be part of the larger Enterprise Information Services team.Responsibilities:
- Design and implement data pipelines for processing data using Apache Spark
- Work with your team to help understand requirements, evaluate new features and architecture and help drive decisions
- Build collaborative partnerships with software architects, technical leads and key individuals within other functional organizations
- Own and manage technical debt and security vulnerabilities
- Actively participate in code reviews of own code and that of peers. Test solutions and ensure it meets specifications. Present and validate solution.
- Build and foster a high performance engineering culture, mentor team members and provide your team with the tools and motivation to make things happen
- Leads the analysis and design of quality technical solutions.
- Work with stakeholders and a cross-functional team to develop a solution or enhance existing solution.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent combination of education/experience
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in global software development and deployment
- Experience with Java/Python/Scala (any combination)
- Significant experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Pig, Spark)
- Strong experience with Extract, Transform, Load (ETL)
- Experience working with large scale enterprise organization with Front/Back Office applications like Oracle CRM, Salesforce, etc)
- Application monitoring tools, log analytical tools, security tools like Dynatrace, Splunk, Apigee
- GitHub and Jenkins
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great problem solving and analytical skills
All of our engineers are backed up by our Technical Directors and Studios (centers of excellence), and our project team(s) of amazing “Globers”. Each team, while having their own personality, are part of the global tapestry that makes up our powerful culture of collaboration, agility and impact.We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation...in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation assistance is available. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Thanks for applying
Something went wrong