At Globant (www.globant.com) we strive daily to deliver powerful innovative software solutions for our clients through our unique Digital Journey approach. Our passion for technology reverberates in every area of our organization and drives our creativity. Working for us means being at the convergence of engineering, design, innovation and scale. It means being part of a tightly knit and driven team whose work directly affects the products and bottom line of our clients.
We engage at all levels with passion, innovation and a near obsession for adding value to our clients with each interaction. As such we seek people with similar drive and ethics to join our growing team. Right now we are seeking an exceptional Senior Java Developer to join our Mobile Studio. This position will require a full-time presence in Orlando, FL. We are looking for a skilled engineer that has experience building and deploying large-scale, production Node applications.
• Create solutions to improve performance, scalability, and reliability.
• Work closely with development teams to support continuous integration and deployment.
• Solve problems quickly and automate processes.
• Programing backend service in Java
• Build out restful endpoints and lightweight aggregation layers.
• Build out unit tests and other automated tests.
• Build out new features and iterate on existing features.
• Design and implement low-latency, high-availability applications.
• Participate in code review.
• Experience developing and debugging Java in a large-scale production environment.
• Experience in implementing storage solutions using Postgres, MySQL – RDS preferred.
• Strong understanding of RESTful API design.
• Experience in developing REST Web Services / APIs (REST / SOAP / JSON / XML.
• Programming in a Linux/Unix environment, including shell scripting.
• AWS experience is preferred.
• Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins.
• Strong unit and debugging skills.
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
• Docker experience.
We look at the software development process from the three different but complementary perspectives of engineering, design, and innovation... in a constant quest for new insights. We also believe in showing our people how much we value them, which is why one of the many benefits we offer is a fully paid by company PPO health plan.
Globant is an EOE M/F/D/V. For many positions, relocation is available if needed. Globant does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.