During 2013 Globant incorporated 1300 professionals to its team
17 Jan 2014
The Company had a strong expansion during last year, adding more talent and new offices in Mar del Plata (Argentina) and Medellin (Colombia)
Buenos Aires, January 16th, 2014.- With the creation of 1300 job positions during 2013, Globant keeps growing throughout Latin America and the world. During the last year, Global Services included Globant in its 100 Global Service Provider list, the company expanded its portfolio of clients such as Bally Technologies and Embraer, who join other brands like Electronic Arts, NatGeo, LinkedIn and Coca Cola, and it won the 2013 Computerworld Honors Laureate due to its job placement program called TesteAR.
“During 2013 we worked hard to keep bringing opportunities to where the talent is, and with that in mind we want to continue growing in Latin America”, explained Martín Migoya, Globant’s CEO and co-founder. “We are extremely proud of what our team has achieved so far, and we are lucky to be able to celebrate our 11th anniversary together with 3000 Globers working from our development centers in Buenos Aires, La Plata, Tandil, Bahía Blanca, Mar del Plata, Rosario, Córdoba, Resistencia, Tucumán Montevideo, Sao Paulo, Bogotá, Medellin, San Francisco, Boston and London".
Founded in 2003 by four friends, Globant turns 11 years old after a year filled with great accomplishments:
- WPP, the world's leading communications services group, acquired minority stake in Globant . With this investment, Globant reinforced its positioning as a key player in the development of software products that combine strong engineering skills with innovation and superb user interface to attract massive audiences.
- Globant hired 1300 new professionals throughout the region, and created more opportunities for local talent that is now building innovative software products for some of the best companies around the world.
- The company opened two new development centers in the region: Mar del Plata (Argentina) and Medellin (Colombia)
- Globant closed an investment round with I AM AT, a technology company that helps its customers maximize collective experiences through content synchronization between a main screen (cinema, TV, radio, live events) and a second screen (laptops, tablets, smartphones).
- It acquired 86.25% of Huddle Group. This company offers agile solutions with a strong specialization in Media & Entertainment.
- The company launched new editions of the TesteAR, program that has already trained 250 underprivileged young people. With TesteAR, Globant aims to reduce the digital gap by offering training in Software Manual Testing to young adults, which in turn provides more skilled personnel and increases employment opportunities.
“We want to continue adding value to all the communities where we have offices, that’s why we will keep investing in the development of local talent and in the generation of more technology clusters within the different cities“, reinforced Martín Umaran, Globant’s Chief of Staff and co-founder.
Globant is the Latin American leader in the creation of innovative software products that appeal to global audiences. For us, that means we are the place where the best engineers team up with art design studios and innovation labs to deliver a superb user experience.
In only 11 years, we created a Company that:
- Has more than 3,000 professionals working for companies like Linkedin, JWT, Electronic Arts, Google and Coca Cola, among several others.
- Was selected as Endeavor Entrepreneur (2005)
- Was named among the top 10 product engineering vendors (2011) by Global Services
- Was included in the 2010 Cool Vendor in Business Process Services Report by Gartner
- Was featured as a case study at Harvard, MIT, Stanford and others
- Was recognized among the top 10 vendors in mobile applications development (2012) by an IDC Survey
For more information, visit www.globant.com.