Globant arrives in Maldonado, where it will hire over 150 professionals by 2022, and announces the opening of a Globant X hub in the country
14 Oct 2021
- Together with the mayor of Maldonado, UY, Enrique Antía, the company announced the beginning of its operations in the department and launched what will be the first Globant X hub, the division in charge of innovation and development of Globant’s products and platforms.
- In July, the company had inaugurated its new offices in Montevideo, UY, and announced its plans to double its local team with an investment of $60 million dollars over three years’ time.
Maldonado, October 14, 2021 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company that offers innovative technology services, announced the opening of its new offices in Maldonado, UY, where it will hire over 150 professionals by 2022, with the goal of strengthening the development of local Uruguayan talent and boosting the local technology ecosystem. At the same time, the first Globant X hub, the company's product and platform innovation and development division, will be created in the country.
“We remain committed to deepening our presence in the country. Uruguay has a market with professional entrepreneurs and excellent leadership capabilities, which makes it a perfect place to open our first Globant X innovation and platform disruption center”, said Guibert Englebienne, co-founder and president of Globant X, Globant Ventures, and Latin America. “Globant X arises from the belief that industries must be reinvented, and we believe Uruguay can be a key player in making the innovation that was born within Globant generate a positive impact on our customers around the world.”
Globant X is Globant’s innovation division where disruptive initiatives that boost digital transformations in companies in a swift and innovative way are created. Its portfolio includes a set of services such as StarMeUp and Augmented Coding, which combine the power of AI, emerging and exponential technologies, and the cognitive revolution to empower different aspects of organizations. These products and platforms transform the user experience, culture, data use, processes, and even commercial strategies.
“With this opening, we seek to continue bringing opportunities to where the talent is, no matter where it’s found so that more and more people can access careers with a global projection from their cities of origin,” said Diego Garagorry, Globant’s Country Manager in Uruguay. “Uruguay has a market with impressive talent throughout its entire territory. We are convinced that the opening in the Maldonado department will do nothing more than boost our capabilities to a new level, bringing professional development opportunities to the country.”
The company’s announcement was made after the inauguration of its new offices in Montevideo, with over 2,700 m2 of space, where it expressed its plans of doubling its local team with an investment of $60 million dollars over the next three years. In turn, these new operations are part of the company’s expansion plans in Latin America, where it recently confirmed its arrival to many cities in the region such as Barranquilla (Colombia), Viña del Mar (Chile), Arequipa (México) or Bariloche, and Tierra del Fuego (Argentina).
To know more about open positions and more information on Globant, enter career.globant.com or click here.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves to create a way forward and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale.
- We have more than 20,000 employees and we are present in 18 countries working for companies like Google, Rockwell Automation, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are members of the Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.