Globant’s Women that Build Awards Announces Winners in North America
02 Dec 2022
- Globant’s Women that Build Awards selects four women in North America for their achievements in STEAM
- The winners were selected by a panel of judges composed of renowned figures such as Stefanie Boles, Chief Administrative Officer at NPower; Vanessa Gail Perry, Professor at The George Washington University – School of Business; and Amy Landucci, Chief Digital and Technology Officer at Haleon
SAN FRANCISCO – December 02, 2022 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company focused on reinventing businesses through innovative technology solutions, among 2,374 nominees and 112,406 votes all over the world, announced today the four local winners of the third edition of the Women that Build Awards in North America. The names of winners are:
- Joti Balani, winner of the Tech Entrepreneur category, is the founder and managing director of Freshriver.ai, where she guides companies in the adoption of transformative AI innovations.
- Ellen Joyce, winner of the Rising Star category, teaches people of all ages about the business applications of emerging technologies as an adjunct professor at the University of Notre Dame and CEO and co-founder of Digital Leader Academy.
- Marie-Philippe Gill, winner of the Techfluencer category, is a research developer at Croesus, where she works on NLP and machine learning projects, and the creator of the “Girl Knows Tech” blog, where she discusses her passion for technology and navigating a male-dominated field.
- Nelly Ortiz, winner of the Digital Leader category, is one of the leaders of Globant’s Business Hacking Studio, a design thinking coach, and a recognized thought leader on the applications of Web 3.0 technologies.
The four winners were selected by a judging panel comprised of:
- Stefanie Boles, Chief Administrative Officer, NPower
- Vanessa Gail Perry, Professor at The George Washington University – School of Business
- Amy Landucci, Chief Digital and Technology Officer, Haleon
- Suuchi Ramesh, CEO and founder of Suuchi Inc. & 2021 US + Global Women that Build Winner for Tech Entrepreneur
- Nicolas Avila, Chief Technology Officer, North America, Globant
- Sabina Schneider, Chief Solutions Officer, Globant
“Globant’s Women that Build Awards are extremely important because it allows us to recognize those women who have been at the forefront of the tech industry either in leadership positions, founding a technological startup, or promoting it through social networks, and inspire other women who are entering this field or struggling to grow in their professional career,” said Patricia Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant. “We want to congratulate all the winners for their achievements and for opening the door and inspiring many other women to educate and work in STEAM fields.”
“With the commitment of working to build bridges within the IT industry, we have developed this initiative honoring who these women are, especially when it comes to leadership,” explained Melina Masnatta, Learning & DEI Global Director. “For this reason, we have worked intensively in improving the Women that Build Awards each year in order to offer more value and create more opportunities for the women who are part of the awards, and for those who are interested in the industry by generating new data to understand the challenges of the ecosystem, as well as accompanying, training, and opening networking opportunities in different channels to reach many people. This is not only an award, but it is also the chance to transform the access to leadership of those who are not a majority in the industry today.”
This year’s Women that Build Awards garnered global partners such as Salesforce, Voces Vitales, and Women Economic Forum Argentina; sponsors such as the New York Stock Exchange, CoachHub, and Udemy; and more than 35 supporting associations, including Bay Area Council, Break Through Tech, eMerge Americas, Endeavor Miami, General Assembly, George Washington University School of Business, Greater Nashville Technology Council, HITEC, IESE Business School, ILO Institute, Miami Dade Beacon Council, Miami Dade College, NPower, Toronto Global, Triangle DE&I Alliance, University of Pennsylvania GSE Catalyst, and the Vital Voices Global Partnership.
Winners will participate in a global leadership program and will receive two exclusive licenses from CoachHub and Udemy, which equates to an investment of $60,000 USD, giving winners the opportunity to best use it according to their language, needs, and career projections.
“More women than ever before are successfully training and working in the STEAM fields, now that technology has become more pervasive worldwide. We are at a crucial moment in the IT industry wherein we can leverage this existing momentum and create a new reality by further boosting the participation of women in the space,” said Wanda Weigert, Chief Brand Officer at Globant. “With our Women that Build Awards, we want to promote a message of courage and determination in a sector that is realizing higher levels of gender equality every day.”
To learn more about the winners and prices, please visit www.womenawards.globant.com.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale.
- We have more than 26,500 employees and we are present in more than 20 countries working for companies like Google, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are a member of The Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.