Globant Launches Women that Build Awards 2023, the Fourth Edition of the Annual Program Recognizing Women Leaders in STEAM
03 May 2023
- The announcement took place at the 2022 Women that Build Awards Luncheon Reception at eMerge Americas in Miami
- This new edition will recognize women from all over the world in two main categories: Inspiring Leader and Rising Star
- Nominations and autonominations are available at www.womenawards.globant.com
NEW YORK - May 3, 2023 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company focused on reinventing businesses through innovative technology solutions, announced today the launch of its fourth annual edition of the Women that Build Awards, an awards program recognizing women-identifying people who achieve, inspire, and promote inclusion in the STEAM fields. It is also a platform for global visibility, education, and networking, encouraging women-identifying individuals to pursue and excel in technology. This edition was unveiled at the Women that Build Awards Luncheon Reception at eMerge Americas in Miami, where the company hosted an exclusive event to honor the previous edition's winners, creating an intimate atmosphere for celebration.
According to UNESCO, by 2050, 75% of jobs will be related to STEAM industry, but the underrepresentation of women in tech fields such as AI, with 22% of occupation, or Machine Learning, with 12%, will contribute to widening the gender gap in the industry. For this reason, companies need to ensure equal pay and provide the conditions and opportunities for career growth, flexibility, employee well-being, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
In this context, Globant believes that women need to play a key part in shaping the changing landscape of technology. That's why the company calls on women from all backgrounds and positions to participate in this year's Women that Build Awards. This fourth edition will feature two categories for nominations:
- Inspiring Leader: This category will recognize VPs, Managers, Directors, leaders, founders, or subject matter experts with more than 5 (five) years of experience who are generating a positive impact in the STEAM fields.
- Rising Star: This category will recognize powerful and talented women starting a career in technology, entrepreneurs, and founders or co-founders of startups with positive effects on business offerings related to STEAM.
“At Globant, we seek to promote the inclusion and professional growth of women and provide valuable opportunities for everyone in our industry,” said Patricia Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant. “Through initiatives like the Women that Build Awards, we are actively addressing the systemic challenges many women encounter in the workplace, particularly in the technology industry. We are committed to fostering an environment where everyone, regardless of gender, can thrive and succeed. We believe that by promoting women's inclusion and professional growth, we are not only building a more equitable industry but also paving the way for a better future for all.”
The previous three editions garnered more than 5,000 candidates, 190K+ votes, 118 regional winners, 15 global winners, 110+ supporting associations such as eMerge, Endeavor, nPower, and HITEC, among others, and 160+ international judges including Lynn Martin, President of NYSE; Shari-Loessberg, Senior Lecturer at MIT Sloan School of Management; Rosario Marin, Owner of Marin & Marin LLC; Jorge Milburn, Director Sales & Ops EMEA at Tesla; and Linda Rottenberg, CEO & Co-founder, Endeavor Global.
"Since embarking on this journey four years ago, our unwavering mission has been to honor the trailblazing women who are fearlessly shattering barriers and forging new paths to success in their fields," said Wanda Weigert, Global Chief Brand Officer at Globant. "By amplifying their stories and fostering a supportive community, we can empower other women to pursue their professional development and unlock new opportunities in the rapidly expanding technology sector. Together, we can ignite a movement that propels women to achieve unprecedented levels of success."
Nominations and autonomations are open until May 19, and voting is open until June 2 at www.womenawards.globant.com.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design, and engineering meet at scale.
- We have more than 27,000 employees and we are present in 25 countries and 5 continents working for companies like Google, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are a member of The Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.
Sign up to get first dibs on press news and updates.
For more information, visit www.globant.com.