Globant’s Tech Summit Sydney Edition: How AI and Technology Are Reinventing Sports
22 Aug 2023
The event, held in Australia, featured speakers from FIFA, Salesforce, Football Australia, LA Clippers, Major League Rugby, Adobe, among others. More than 150 business and technology leaders attended.
SYDNEY – August 22, 2023 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company focused on reinventing businesses through innovative technology solutions, hosted its Tech Summit: Sydney Edition, which was centered around the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023™of which Globant is Global Sponsor. The event included several panel discussions, led by prominent figures from the technology and sports industries, which showcased the latest trends and innovations.
“Alongside our current global sponsorship of the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023, the Tech Summit presented an excellent opportunity to connect with partners, and to spotlight the impactful work we are engaged in within the realm of sports," said Martín Migoya, CEO at Globant. “Today it's undeniable that technology—especially AI—is reshaping everything, from sports played on the pitch to the electrifying fan experiences off it. Globant has two decades of experience in helping companies reinvent themselves through technology. We are obsessed with elevating user and brand experiences through technology. By blending and innovating across industries, we've elevated experiences in ways previously unimagined.”
More than 150 business and technology leaders attended the Tech Summit, which was held at The Grand in Sydney, Australia. Attendees had the opportunity to explore how technology is influencing sports through three-panel discussions:
- Game Changers: Football Data at the Center of the New Era of the Beautiful Game: This panel featured Johannes Holzmueller, FIFA's Director of Football Technology & Innovation, and Martín Migoya, CEO of Globant, as speakers, while Wanda Weigert, Chief Brand Officer of Globant, assumed the role of moderator. In it, Johannes and Martín discussed the future of soccer, including the impacts of the convergence of soccer innovation and data, which is an intersection poised to redefine the sport and broader industry.
- Unlocking the Fan Experience: The Essential Role of Technology in the Sports Industry: This session’s speakers included Diana Tucker, Regional VP - Growth & Agency Partners at Salesforce; Scott Sonnenberg, Chief Global Partnerships Officer at LA Clippers; and Bill Goren, Rugby Marketing and Business Operations at Major League Rugby, with Diego Tártara, Global Chief Technology Officer at Globant serving as the moderator. This dynamic panel delved into the cutting-edge trends that are reshaping fan experiences, providing valuable insights into how these innovations directly shape the interaction between sports-associated brands and their fans in distinct and compelling ways.
- Breaking Barriers: Women Leading the Way in Sports and Technology: Chloe Morgan, Football Editor at The Athletic and Ex-Professional Footballer; Kimberly Morris, Chief People, Technology & Operations Officer at FIFA; Katrina Throughton, Vice President & Managing Director of ANZ at Adobe; and Sarah Walsh, Head of Women's Football, Women's World Cup Legacy & Inclusion, served as speakers for the session. The discussion was moderated by Patricia Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant. It was focused on recognizing and celebrating the remarkable women who actively reshaped the convergence of sports and technology.
Globant is a sponsor of the FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia and New Zealand 2023™. This support stems from a multi-year partnership between Globant and FIFA, aimed at catalyzing the growth of the FIFA+ streaming platform and bolstering FIFA's premier global events. As a facet of this collaboration, Globant also served as the Official Regional Supporter for North America and Europe during the FIFA World Cup 2022™, an Official Sponsor of various FIFAe Cups, and an Official Tournament Supporter of the U17/U20 Men’s/Women’s World Cup™.
Following the announcement of recent partnerships with some of the world’s foremost sports organizations, including LaLiga and the LA Clippers, Globant unveiled its Sports Reinvention Studio earlier this year. This specialized business unit, driven by experts, is dedicated to revolutionizing the sports industry through cutting-edge technological solutions.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design, and engineering meet at scale.
- We have more than 27,000 employees and we are present in 25 countries and 5 continents working for companies like Google, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in AI Services (2023) and Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services (2020) by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are active members of The Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.
Sign up to get first dibs on press news and updates.
For more information, visit www.globant.com.