Globant Announces Winners of the Women That Build Awards in an Inspiring Gala
10 Dec 2021
Globant recognised 50 women from 11 countries among 1,000 candidates from 27 different nations for their impactful work in the IT sector. From those awarded, a panel of renowned judges also selected 4 winners from the UK The Global Gala featured prominent speakers such as Linda Rottenberg, Co-founder & CEO at Endeavor; Payal Manan Rajpal, South Asia Head of Robotex International & Director of Robotex India; Amber Anderson, Founder & CEO at Tote + Pears; and Dora Kamu, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher at Headspace, among others.
London, December 10, 2021 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company focused on reinventing businesses through innovative technology solutions, announced the 44 local winners and the 6 global winners of the annual Women That Build Awards, which celebrates women who are positively impacting the IT sector. To see the full list of local winners in each country, visit www.womenawards.globant.com.
With more than 1,000 nominations and 63 supporting organisations from all over the world, the winners from the UK are Nabila Salem, Board Member of Tenth Revolution Group & President of Revolent Group as Inspiring Executive, Narjiss Fathi, Head of Delivery at Cirrico, as Digital Leader; Abby Seneor, CTO & Co-Founder at Optimi as Tech Entrepreneur, and Asia Sharif, incoming Software Engineer at NatWest Group, as Rising Star.
“The Women That Build Awards represent a huge milestone in Globant’s quest to hack inequality. Through them, we celebrate women who are creating the necessary conditions for a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse future for all,” said Patricia Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant. “Today, we not only want to recognise the winners, but also all of the candidates and voters who have joined in our efforts to make these stories visible. For us, it’s extremely important to continue creating opportunities to recognise women’s impact in the technology industry.”
The four winners were selected by a judging panel comprised of Parul K Green, Chief of Staff at AXA XL; Elka Goldstein, CEO at accelerateHER; Barbara Gottardi, Non Executive Director at TISAtech; Shalini Khemka, Founder & CEO at E2E; Leon Mangan, Senior Vice President EMEA & LATAM at Alliances & Channels and Global Agencies at Salesforce; Rossana Sibora, Director of Digital Products at Universal Music Entertainment; Jude Ower, CEO at Playmob; and Elena Morettini, Sustainable Business Studio Director at Globant.
“We want to narrow the gender gap in IT. We hope to foster a community of support among women in the tech sector; whether it is by inspiring young girls to study the STEM fields, or mothers who are considering returning to, or expanding their professional careers, in the industry,” said Martin Migoya, Globant’s CEO and co-founder. “With the Women That Build Awards, we are aiming to support our winners' voices and work. This is crucial in building a diverse and inclusive industry. We hope their stories inspire and motivate our global community as well.”
Learn more about this year’s winners:
- Nabila Salem, winner of the Inspiring Executive category, is on the Board of Tenth Revolution Group and is President of Revolent Group, the world’s leading cloud talent creator and one of the most innovative companies out there with a business model designed to close the cloud skills gap.
- Narjiss Fathi, winner of the Digital Leader category, leads by example and is an advocate for true diversity, enabling women to join the tech industry and helping nonprofits around the world accelerate human progress with her in-depth knowledge of technology and Salesforce.
- Abby Seneor, winner of the Tech Entrepreneur category, is CTO & Co-Founder at Optimi, a world-class sport and exercise medicine platform which helps people transform their physical health.
- Asia Sharif, winner of the Rising Star category, works as an Incoming Software Engineer at NatWest Group. She is part of many communities such as Black Girls In Tech, Black Valley, Code First Girls, Tech Newbies and Coding Black Females.
To learn more about the winners or join the Women That Build community, please visit www.womenawards.globant.com.
We are a digitally native company that helps organisations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale.
- We have more than 21,800 employees and we are present in 18 countries working for companies like Google, Rockwell Automation, Electronic Arts, and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services by the IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are members of the Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.
Sign up to get first dibs on press news and updates.
For more information, visit www.globant.com.