Globant Announces Winners of the Women That Build Awards in an Inspiring Global Gala
10 Dec 2021
- Globant recognized 50 women from 11 countries among 1,000 candidates from 27 different nations for their impactful work in the IT sector. From those victors, six global winners were selected by a panel of renowned judges.
- The Global Gala featured prominent speakers such as Linda Rottenberg, Co-founder & CEO at Endeavor; Payal Manan Rajpal, South Asia Head of Robotex International & Director of Robotex India; Amber Anderson, Founder & CEO at Tote + Pears; and Dora Kamu, Mindfulness Meditation Teacher at Headspace, among others.
NEW YORK – December 10, 2021 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company focused on reinventing businesses through innovative technology solutions, announced the 44 local winners and the 6 global winners of the annual Women That Build Awards, which celebrates women who are positively impacting the IT sector.
With more than 1,000 nominations, 69,000 votes, and 63 supporting organizations from all over the world, the global winners are Elena M. Ordoñez del Campo, Senior Vice President, Head of SAP Portfolio Unit and Member of the Executive Committee at T-Systems International (Spain); Vaneza Caycho Ñuflo, CEO & Co-founder of iFurniture (Peru); Suuchi Ramesh, CEO and founder of Suuchi Inc. (US); Abby Seneor, CTO and Co-founder of Optimi Health (UK); Valentina Muñoz, influencer, feminist youth activist, and advocate for digital rights (Chile); and Valentina Moreno Viveros, CIO of the Mayor's Office of Jamundí (Colombia). To see the full list of local winners in each country, visit www.womenawards.globant.com
“The Women That Build Awards represent a huge milestone in Globant’s quest to hack inequality. Through them, we celebrate women who are creating the necessary conditions for a more inclusive, equitable, and diverse future for all,” said Patricia Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant. “Today, we not only want to recognize the winners, but also all of the candidates and voters who have joined in our efforts to make these stories visible. For us, it’s extremely important to continue creating opportunities to recognize women’s impact in the technology industry.”
The global judging panel was comprised of Beatriz Argimón, Vice President of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay; Ricardo Ernst, Executive Director of the Latin America Leadership Program & Managing Director of the Latin American Board at Georgetown University; Amanda Hindlian, Global Head of Capital Markets for the New York Stock Exchange; Mauren Lau, Regional Vice President at Facebook Latin America; Flori Marquez, Co-founder at BlockFi; Anuj Mehrotra, Dean at The George Washington University School of Business; Sandra Sieber, Full Professor of Information Systems at IESE Business School, Universidad de Navarra; María Noel Vaeza, UN Women Regional Director at UN Latam & Caribe; Martín Migoya, CEO & Co-founder at Globant; María Pinelli, Member of Globant's Board of Directors; and Patrica Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant.
“We want to narrow the gender gap in IT. We hope to foster a community of support among women in the tech sector; whether it is by inspiring young girls to study the STEM fields, or mothers who are considering returning or expanding their professional careers in the industry,” said Martin Migoya, Globant’s CEO and co-founder. “With the Women That Build Awards, we’re aiming to support our winners' voices and work. This is crucial in building a diverse and inclusive industry. We hope their stories inspire and motivate our global community as well.”
The global winners received scholarships and courses from prominent institutions such as IESE, General Assembly, GWSB, IAE and Globant, among other prizes.
Learn more about this year’s global winners:
- Valentina Muñoz, winner in the Rising Star category, is an influencer, feminist youth activist, and advocate for digital rights. She was recently named SDG Advocate by the United Nations, and is the youngest and only Latin American to obtain this recognition.
- Valentina Moreno Viveros, winner in the Rising Star category, is the CIO of the Mayor's Office of Jamundí, a municipality in the southwest of Colombia. She leads the Jamundí Crea Digital project, a municipal government commitment to contribute to reducing the existing digital gap.
- Suuchi Ramesh, winner in the Tech Entrepreneur category, is the CEO and founder of Suuchi Inc., a supply chain technology platform. She has had a decade-long career in the data and analytics field, and with her company, she has encouraged a team of women to thrive in technology as well as helped to create new jobs in a sector that needed reactivation.
- Abby Seneor, winner in the Tech Entrepreneur category, is the CTO and Co-founder of Optimi Health, a world-class sport and exercise medicine platform, where she uses her knowledge of cutting-edge technologies to help people transform their physical health. Prior to joining Optimi, she founded a startup booking platform for entertainment.
- Vaneza Caycho Ñuflo, winner in the Digital Leader category, is the CEO & Co-founder of iFurniture, a startup that is based on the innovative design and digital manufacturing of personalized furniture. Since 2014, she has promoted gender equality by creating programs for women in computer technology and design.
- Elena M. Ordóñez del Campo, winner in the Inspiring Executive category, Senior Vice President, Head of SAP Portfolio Unit and Member of the Executive Committee at T-Systems International. She has been working in global IT companies for the last 33 years, and now leads a team of around 4,000 global professionals that offer SAP Services to customers.
To learn more about the winners or join the Women That Build community, please visit www.womenawards.globant.com.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale.
- We have more than 21,800 employees and we are present in 18 countries working for companies like Google, Rockwell Automation, Electronic Arts, and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services by the IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are members of the Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.
For more information, visit www.globant.com.