Globant Awards - Women that Build Edition 2023 Announces Winners in U.S. & Canada
08 Aug 2023
- Globant Awards - Women that Build edition selects two women in the U.S. & Canada for their positive impact in STEAM
- The winners were chosen by a panel of judges composed of renowned figures such as Joti Balani, Founder & Managing Director at Freshriver.ai; Bertina Ceccarelli, Chief Executive Officer at NPower; and Vanessa Gail Perry, Professor and Vice Dean for Strategy at George Washington University School of Business
NEW YORK – August 08, 2023 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company focused on reinventing businesses through innovative technology solutions, among 3,148 nominees and 123,172 votes over the world, announced today the two local winners of the fourth edition of Women that Build Awards in the U.S. & Canada. The winners are:
- Lalitha Murali, winner of the Inspiring Leader category, who is a teacher at the Glendale School District that has gone above and beyond to inspire the next generation of leaders in STEAM and create a more diverse industry
- Jaloree Lantigua, winner of the Rising Leader category, who has used her role as an entrepreneur and CEO of STREAM Technologies to inspire children from largely unaddressed populations to learn and grow in technology
“Through groundbreaking initiatives like the Women That Build Awards, we are steadfastly committed to dismantling the gender barriers that persist in the technology industry. Our primary objective is to acknowledge the remarkable achievements of women as visionary leaders who have revolutionized their respective fields, forging new frontiers and cultivating a vibrant ecosystem that presents endless opportunities for inspiration and empowerment,” said Patricia Pomies, Chief Operating Officer at Globant. “We wholeheartedly congratulate the winners for their unwavering dedication and commitment, serving as beacons of inspiration to countless women pursuing their passions and realizing their aspirations in the dynamic world of STEAM.”
The two winners were selected by an exceptional group of judges, including Joti Balani, Founder & Managing Director at Freshriver.ai; Bertina Ceccarelli, Chief Executive Officer at NPower; Vanessa Gail Perry, Professor and Vice Dean for Strategy at George Washington University School of Business; Tania Salarvand, Senior EVP, Strategy & Growth at Globant; and Patrick Antoine, Senior Managing Director at Globant Canada.
“Women in STEAM face many challenges that impede their progress, including gender imbalance, pay disparity, limited career advancement, and unconscious bias. This realization prompted us to launch our 'Women that Build' program in 2019, aimed at fostering inclusivity and promoting the professional growth of women in our industry,” said Wanda Weigert, Chief Brand Officer at Globant. “Our program creates boundless opportunities for everyone, irrespective of gender. Within this initiative, we have devised a comprehensive journey to support women and non-binary individuals throughout their life stages: from their school years, through their initial employment, to their continuous personal and professional development. We proudly introduced the 'Women that Build Ambassadors' program this year. This initiative seeks to acknowledge exceptional women at Globant who serve as role models due to their generosity and unwavering commitment. We aim to inspire them to continue their impactful work within and beyond the company.”
This edition of the Women That Build Awards counts with the support of global partners like NYSE, Salesforce, Women Corporate Directors, Udemy and Coachub, together with the local promotion of more than 40 supporting organizations, including George Washington University, Miami Dade College, Smith School of Business at Queen’s University, The Wondry, the Argentina-Texas Chamber of Commerce, the Bay Area Council, Break Through Tech (at Cornell University), eMerge Americas, Endeavor Miami, General Assembly, ILO Institute, Miami Dade Beacon Council, NPower, Toronto Global, Toronto Region Board of Trade, and many more.
The winners will receive an executive coaching program from Coach Hub and a Udemy Business license to use according to their language, needs, and career projections. They will be participating as candidates for the global stage of the Women that Build Awards.
To learn more about the winners and prices, please visit www.womenawards.globant.com.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design, and engineering meet at scale.
- We have more than 27,000 employees and we are present in 25 countries and 5 continents working for companies like Google, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in AI Services (2023) and Worldwide leader in CX Improvement Services (2020) by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are active members of The Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.