How is The Perfect Shot? Through AI and advanced analytics, Globant came up with the answer
24 Nov 2022
- The study was presented yesterday on the ground floor of the DOT Buenos Aires shopping center with the presence of figures from the world of streaming and sports, who had the opportunity to kick a soccer free kick and find out how close they are to achieving the "perfect shot".
- People who want to participate and measure their results can do so freely from 11/24 to 12/4. The study was made from the exhaustive analysis of the free kick of the best players in the history of football.
- With the conviction that technology can strengthen passions, Globant continues to approach the world of entertainment and sports, through innovations such as this one and recent agreements with FIFA™, La Liga and the Los Angeles Clippers.
November 24, 2022. Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digital native company focused on reinventing business through innovative technology solutions, announced today the launch of “The Perfect Shot”: a study that combines artificial intelligence, biomechanical analysis, and advanced analytics to define the perfect free kick in football.
“With this study, we combine a science such as biomechanics with artificial intelligence to analyze a player's performance in a unique way. The Perfect Shot is a concrete example of how technology can help to prepare and improve elite athletes to become better and better,” said Agustín Huerta, SVP of Studios and VP of Technology at Globant.
The study required more than 100 hours of archiving and exhaustive analysis of the free kicks of the best players in the history of soccer. And, using advanced technology, various phases were observed: drive-through, back-swing, force production, and contact with the ball; and the most relevant variables of the shot: the average speed curve, the arcs of tension at key moments, and the body inclination when kicking.
“We believe that technology can fuel passion and elevate the sporting experience. We are proud to be able to be actively working with the main organizations in the sports industry such as FIFA or La Liga, with the aim of continuing to reinvent industries,” said Wanda Weigert, Chief Brand Officer at Globant. "When technology meets passion, the unthinkable happens and The Perfect Shot is one more example of this."
People who want to be part of this experience can do so for free from 11/24 to 12/4 -Monday to Thursday from 1:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Friday to Sunday from 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.- on the ground floor of the DOT shopping Buenos Aires (Vedia 3626).
Learn more, clicking here.
We are a digitally native company that helps organizations reinvent themselves and unleash their potential. We are the place where innovation, design and engineering meet scale.
- We have more than 26,500 employees and we are present in more than 20 countries working for companies like Google, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader in CX Improvement Services by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are a member of The Green Software Foundation (GSF) and the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.