After a moving final, Globant announced the global winners for the Women that Build Awards
14 Dec 2020
Sidney Carolina Bernal (Colombia), Andrea Campos Guerra (Mexico), Sandra Castro (Colombia), and Vânia Neves (Brazil) are the international winners of the award that recognizes leading women in the IT industry, in its first edition.
San Francisco, December 10, 2020 - Globant (NYSE: GLOB), a digitally native company that offers innovative technology solutions, has announced the global winners of the Globant Awards 2020: Women that Build Edition. An award that wants to make visible the stories of women who inspire, build, and impact the reality of the IT industry. With more than 12,000 nominations and 60 institutions supporting the award around the world, and after 10 national finals and a close deliberation, the names of the global winners were announced: Sandra Castro, CEO of Tan Grande y Jugando (Colombia) for the Game Changer category and Vânia Neves, CIO of Brazil Pharma & Head of Innovación at GSK for Tech Executive category; and after a tie in the final deliberation, two more winners were chosen: Sidney Carolina Bernal, Coordinator of Innovation, Research and Development at El Bosque University (Colombia) and Andrea Campos Guerra, CEO of Yana (Mexico) both for Rising Star category;
“The future will be reinvented with technology and today is the time to recognize the women who will make this new world possible,” said Martín Migoya, Globant’s Co-founder and CEO. “The women we are recognizing are constantly innovating, thinking big to achieve bold objectives, aiming to have a long-term impact in everything they do, and I trust that in that process they also are kind to their peers and humanity.”
“We want to change realities, and spotlight the contribution of women in IT and in all areas. This is just the beginning of a large community”, expressed Patricia Pomies, Chief Delivery & People Officer at Globant.
About the winners:
- Vânia Neves, the winner of the Tech Executive category, dedicates her career to boost digital transformation in the pharmaceutical industry with an agile mindset and the best use of new technologies.
- Sandra Castro, the winner of the Game Changer category; promotes the video game development industry; she is also an ambassador of the international organization "Women In Games" and organizes the "Women's Game Jam".
- Sidney Carolina Bernal, one of the Rising Star category winners, has been developing digital and analog educational resources for inclusion for 12 years.
- Andrea Campos Guerra, the second Rising Star winner, has developed an application that has supported more than one million people with mental health problems throughout Latin America.
The judging panel behind the final decision was composed by prominent figures such as Linda Rottenberg (CEO and Co-founder of Endeavor Global), Shari Loessberg (Senior Lecturer in Technology Innovation at MIT Sloan School of Management), The Edge (President of Endeavor Ireland and guitarist of the band U2), Anuj Mehrotra (Dean of George Washington School of Business), Sandra Sieber, (Professor at IESE Business School), Elsa Marie D'Silva (Founder and CEO of Red Dot Foundation), Patricia Pomies (Chief Globant's Delivery & People Officer), Guibert Englebienne (CTO and co-founder of Globant) and Martín Migoya (CEO and co-founder of Globant).
To learn more about the winners or being part of Women that Build community, you can visit: Globant's programs for diversity and inclusion, you can visit https://www.womenawards.globant.com.
We are a digitally native company where innovation, design, and engineering meet scale. We use the latest technologies in the digital and cognitive fields to transform organizations forward in every aspect.
- We have more than 14,300 employees, and we are present in 16 countries working for companies like Google, Rockwell Automation, Electronic Arts and Santander, among others.
- We were named a Worldwide Leader of Digital Strategy Consulting Services by IDC MarketScape report.
- We were also featured as a business case study at Harvard, MIT, and Stanford.
- We are a member of the Cybersecurity Tech Accord.
Discover history, facts and other details about Globant: Presskit
For more information, visit www.globant.com
Women that Build:
22 Apr 2021
Planes de expansión: Globant desembarca en Bariloche y anuncia la contratación de 2500 personas en Argentina para 2021
15 Apr 2021
Globant llega a Viña del Mar: La compañía contratará a más de 200 personas en los próximos dos años.